Daniel D. Kim
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: http://www.otter.pro
- Github: https://github.com/otterpro
- Address: Somewhere in Castro Valley, CA 94552
I am a software developer and a generalist at heart, with a broad range of computer skills. I have strong passion for learning and I’m currently finishing my master’s degree in IT Management.
|Languages:||Python, C#.net, C/C++, Ruby, Perl|
|Web Stacks:||HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, Django|
|Platforms:||Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), MS .net|
- Website allows anyone to subscribe to Youtube playlists as podcasts.
- Developed in Django, and runs on Debian with Nginx/uWSGI, Postgresql.
School projects at GGU
- Data-center design school project at GGU (https://youtu.be/06xsikrUE5Y).
Software Engineer, Legalzoom.com, Los Angeles, CA (2007-2008)
- Developed in-house database applications in C# and MySQL for web analytics.
Software Engineer, Banker’s Toolbox, N.Hollywood, CA (2007)
- Developed client-server enterprise bank software in C#, MS SQL, and WinForm.
Category Specialist, Shopzilla.com, Los Angeles, CA (2006-2007)
- Developed and maintained internal tools in Perl.
- Categorized products using regular expressions to improve product navigation on website.
Contract Software Developer, Contract Work, Los Angeles, CA (2006)
- Developed an apartment listing site in Django.
Software Engineer and IT Support, Mission Pharmacy Services, Los Angeles, CA (2005-2006)
- Developed nursing home application in C# and VB.net.
- Maintained legacy nursing home application in Visual Basic.
- Provided IT support to pharmacies and nursing facilities.
Software Developer, Universe Jewelry, New York, NY (2002-2003)
- Developed and maintained business applications including warehouse inventory system in Visual Basic, Delphi, and MS Access.
Software Engineer, Knowledge Adventure, Glendale, CA (1998-2001)
- Developed educational software titles including JumpStart Baby and Bear in the Big Blue House in C/C++ and in custom language using in-house game engine.
- Created internal tools in C/C++ and web application in PHP.
Other Work Experience
Medic, U.S. Army (2008-2012)
- Provided medical care in the field for the US Army and its hospitals.
- I.T. Management (currently pursuing M.S.), Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- Finance (M.S.), Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- Information and Computer Science (B.S.), University of California - Irvine